Monday, April 28, 2008

Stolen Idea - Heather please forgive me!!!

Ok, so this idea is totally not mine, but it was such a great idea that I had to start doing this for our family.

Heather I promise I am not a stalker, it just so happened that I had everything on hand to implement an "Under the Sea/Little Mermaid" Family Night.

The kids want to to a Willy Wanka night next. We shall see how we will come up the props for that.

Anyway, this was a total success, and we want to continue to do these "themed" family nights. The kids loved them, and I am so excited to have something like this for them to remember.

As I said above, we did an "under the sea/little mermaid" night. The kids got dressed in their bathing suits, and I decorated the table with sea shells, and hung some cut out fish. For the kids I made Shell Macaroni & cheese, Shrimp Poppers & Fish sticks. Jeff and I had Shell Alfredo pasta with chicken. So we stayed with the theme. In the background I played the Little Mermaid CD, so that was cute as well. After we ate the kids went on a hunt for hidden fish. Then, they took a stroll on the beach and went looking for seashells (I just so happened to have some that my parents brought back for the kids from the Outer Banks, don't worry Jen, I saved half the box for Josh & Jordan). After they picked out all of their shells, we ended the evening by playing 2 games of Go Fish. The kids even wanted to sleep in their bathing suits, so of course I let them.

Thanks Heather for the awesome idea!!! I promise I won't try to copy all of them! :)

Here are some pictures of our fun night.

Here is the yummy Shells with cheese, shrimp Poppers and Fish sticks.

Ashley had the perfect attire for the evening, she wore her Ariel Suit, and brought her Ariel doll.

Skylar decided that he would be the King, Ariel's Dad.

Of course what Under the Sea night would be complete without the sword!

1 comments:

Whittaker Woman said...

I am so glad you did this. It is so much fun and really not that hard to do! We should brain storm and share props! H